Wednesday 28 January 2015

Additional ideas, continued from previous post.

- Find out when all actors are free and organise a time to film.
- I will also need to think of what certificate this is going to have, I will use the information from BBFC, and also from my previous post on my blog. This is something that is very important and that needs to be thought about a lot, however I think that this will be decided in post production because then I will be able to properly analyse the footage and a correct decision will be able to be made. 
- I will need to get a few rolls of film so that I can use my film camera, this will be needed because I am planning on using the film camera as the main point of the story, this will also show the time/era that this is being filmed in. 
- I need to make a storyboard for this, and upload this so that it is more clear how this story is going to be told. This is very important in planning and so I will need to make and upload this soon. This will also be beneficial to both me and the actors because then it will be easier to direct and act out. This will also show how my ideas have developed, if I chose to change anything I will also be able to use the original story line as a starting point if needed. 
- Another thing that I could do to show aesthetics of the film would be to make a slideshare, showing visual ideas, as well as justification as to why I am going to be using these ideas. This will include costumes and locations as well as camera angles that I am going to use, this will be three separate posts though as I would like these to all be detailed, so that it is more clear as to what this is going to look like. 
-Another slideshare would be what fonts I am going to use, however I have already made a previous post talking about fonts that I would like to use. I think that there are quite a few good ideas for fonts and typography. For the title and the company name I could even use adobe photoshop and illustrator, as these are both things I have strengths in and I could create some suitable typography for this. 
- I need to find someone to use for my filming of the female character; I have asked my friend Charlotte who is in my year, also my mother has offered to be in this. However I think that someone younger will be better as this will possibly make more sense to the story. 
- I need to plan a day to film in the dark room, this is important to the story as I have explained earlier in this post. This needs to be filmed after the initial filming because I will need the photographs to be taken first before developing in the dark room. So I will need to plan this soon so that I can film in the dark room as soon as possible. 
- I need to think of a title that is suitable and fitting to the type of film that is going to be made. It is important that the title is suitable to the film because otherwise this will be different to the genre and this will not look or sound right, for the title I would like it to be at least two words and to be catchy and memorable. I want this to be short and snappy, this is important because if this is not like this then this, in my opinion, is going to make this of less quality then it could be. I would like this to be better than my idea for the last video that I was going to do, even though that was relevant to the story I think that this could have been better and more memorable as this was only a time and for this story idea I would like to have actual words that will be both memorable and relevant to my story. 
- I need to think of locations for filming, this needs to be relevant to the story, because otherwise this is going to be unfitting and will make no sense why these locations have been chosen. I have been thinking that suitable places to film would be rural locations, that are quite secluded, however I would also to have a few public places as this would be effective to show the juxtaposition of locations. This is fitting to the story as this is showing that stalking can happen in any types of places. However I have decided to make the main setting of filming to be rural and secluded, because these are typical places that would be used in a film noir. 
-When editing I could use a time stamp overlay to show time, date and location. This would be effective because this will show the continuity and the time frame of the film. This will also show that this information is important to the opening title sequence. The locations are especially important because of the theme. This could also be added onto the photographs after they have been developed, this would be done in post production and I would have to see if this was actually possible to do, and if this is going to look good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment